Do You Have a Medical Malpractice Claim?
If you or someone you know was injured or harmed during a medical procedure, you may wish to contact a medical malpractice lawyer Miami FL victims trust as soon as possible. Our network includes some of the most respected lawyers in the Miami area.
- Was there a doctor-patient relationship between the medical practitioner who made a mistake, and the victim who desires to file a malpractice claim?
- Was the standard of care less than acceptable? This includes:
- Medical decisions
- Was there any kind of connection between the harm that the patient experienced and the medical provider’s negligence?
- Was there a measurable level of harm or damage to the patient as a result of that negligence?
- An appropriate standard of care in this particular situation.
- How the medical provider fell short of providing that standard of care.
- By its very nature, a vast amount of medical information is often involved as it pertains to the malpractice case.
- Numerous expert witnesses and testimony may be used by the defense as well as by the plaintiffs. A medical malpractice lawyer Miami FL victims turn to in similar cases may likely have a network of medical experts on whom they can call to testify.
- Do you work on a contingency fee basis? This means that a client only pays a fee if the attorney recovers a settlement or wins a lawsuit. This arrangement is common for medical malpractice cases.
- What is your fee? Do I have to pay you any money up front? If so, how much?
- Is there a limit, or cap, on the amount of money that I can receive in a medical malpractice claim?
- Will a statute of limitations affect my lawsuit? If you were not aware of the medical practitioner’s mistake until years after it happened, this may make it possible to extend the deadline.