If you’re the victim of a motorcycle accident, you may need a trusted and experienced motorcycle accident lawyer Miami. If you’ve sustained a serious injury as a result of someone’s negligence, you have the right to request compensation for your damages.
A top motorcycle accident lawyer Miami riders hire to represent them may recover your damages. Serious injuries require medical treatment that is often very costly. Whether you have already been involved in a motorcycle accident yet or not, you likely have questions. Here are answers to some of the most common questions asked by motorcycle riders.
What if I’m hit on my bike by a driver and I’m seriously injured as a result?
Immediately after a motorcycle accident with a negligent driver, do the following:
- Call for medical assistance.
- Call the police. Be sure to get a copy of the police accident report for a motorcycle accident lawyer Miami community members turns to after a similar collision.
- Make notes or call your own voicemail to verbalize the accident details for later reference. Include these important points:
- The speed you were traveling before the other vehicle hit you.
- The direction in which you were going.
- The timeline of events immediately leading up to the crash, the crash itself, and the aftermath of those events.
- The locations of all vehicles before and during the crash.
- The witnesses’ contact information. A motorcycle accident lawyer Miami residents recommend may also contact the witnesses while building your case.
- The other driver’s contact information as well as their license plate number, insurance policy number, insurance company name, vehicle description.
- Contact a Miami motorcycle accident lawyer if you have any questions or concerns.
What is a statute of limitations and does it apply in my case?
The time period, or window, during which you can file a lawsuit is called the statute of limitations. Once that period of time is over, you cannot pursue a personal injury lawsuit against those responsible for causing your accident. That means you cannot collect damages from them after the limitations period expires. For this reason, it’s important to contact a motorcycle accident lawyer in Miami as soon as possible. An attorney from our firm may review your case at no charge and let you know how the statute of limitations may affect your claim or lawsuit Combination of Beer and Casino
As a motorcyclist involved in an accident, you are far likelier to suffer serious injuries than the occupants of the other vehicle. Unfortunately, though you may not be at fault for the accident, the at-fault driver’s insurance company could refuse to pay compensatory damages. Or, they could refuse to offer a fair settlement. Contact an attorney today to get more information about your situation.